A thought for my students getting into study mode:
If you are feeling stressed and anxious why not use all of your experience as a musician and find the same calm that you try to find before a performance.
When one is under pressure one often forgets to breathe and then there is no oxygen for your brain so everything feels harder than it is.
- Take deep breaths and visualise yourself getting the assignment done
- Think of a mantra for yourself. Eg: 'Today I will do my very best and that is more than enough'
- Try this AMAZING podcast - I could not have got through my masters without it!!
Meditation Oasis http://www.meditationoasis.com/podcast/
- #6 is just music and perfect to have on low when you are doing an assignment
- #31 for stress and pressure is also really good
- also #36 for a mini break